A better question is can you make that dessert tasty?? According to MY FITNESS PAL, yes you can!!
If you are looking to drop a few pounds, cutting out desserts is one way to slash calories. If you enjoy having something after dinner, you can try some desserts that use sweeter vegetables. Obviously, you have to realize they will not taste like a piece of German chocolate cake or carrot cake (two of my favs), but you have to make sacrifices if you want to lose the pounds.
Check out these recipes and you may find one that works for you!
- Spiced carrot and beet cupcakes.
- Carrot cake energy bars.
- Double chocolate zucchini bread.
- Gluten free orange, zucchini and rosemary cake.
- Red cabbage smoothie.
- Whole wheat zucchini banana bread.
- Black sesame and carrot quickbread.
- Cherry lime red beet smoothie.
- Beet brownies with vegan chocolate ganache frosting.
Give them a shot! I’ve learned that sometimes you have to be bold and open to new ideas!!