As we approach the one year anniversary of “15 days to flatten the curve”, can we take some time to look at rules and possibly tweak those that don’t make a whole lot of sense anymore? I don’t think that is too much to ask.
Here are a few I would like to see addressed by the great doctors who do the interviews and tell us what to do.
- If you are driving by yourself, don’t wear a mask. Not “you don’t have to wear a mask”, be definitive and say DON’T!!
- When you are outside getting exercise, don’t wear a mask. Again, be definitive! Why? Let’s stress the importance of breathing fresh air, especially if you spend a lot of your indoor day wearing a mask.
- If you are inside and can keep more than 6 feet from the next person, don’t wear a mask. Is the 6 feet rule real or not? I see this a churches where, on Sunday, sure have the mask rule. However, if you go to daily mass where there are 30 people in a building that can hold hundreds, no need to wear a mask.
- Pull back on the usage of hand sanitizer. Can we have a conversation about using hand sanitizer 40 times a day? Even before all this foolishness, there was talk about the issues of having that seep into your skin.
- Just because someone (me) isn’t petrified of the virus doesn’t mean he (me) doesn’t think it’s real and exists. This has been floating around since the beginning. Yes, I think it exists. No, I’m not going to let it ruin my life.
There have been plenty of lives and livelihoods ruined in 2020 because of the pandemic. Lets try to limit that in 2021!
Until next time…