Yes, it is back!! And it promises to be big!
According to the American Heart Association, there are 4 things to do to stay “healthy” during the flu season. I was disturbed as it really had nothing to do with staying healthy. You can check out the video here but I’ll give you the points.
- Get your Covid-19 vaccine.
- If you aren’t vaccinated and convinced that getting vaccinated is safe and effective, get convinced and get vaccinated.
- Get the flu vaccine…because as I said before, its back.
- Get back on your prescribed medications because that is healthy.
Is anyone still wondering why we have a HUGE problem in this country with health and wellness? The suggestions have absolutely nothing to do with being healthy. Sure, make your argument that vaccines work and we all need to do our part. Let’s just change the title from being healthy to how to stay unhealthy.
We, here, at eatthedamnsalad understand the importance of pharmaceuticals when necessary however we realize that it has nothing to do with health. Our 4 things to do to stay healthy would sound a little different.
- Eat a healthy diet, or, eatthedamnsalad!
- Get some regular exercise.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Get enough sleep.
Now I know the doctor in the AHA video has a lot more schoolin than I do, and I’m sure he was following science when he put together his list. I would simply challenge that my list will do more for your overall health and wellness and give your body what it needs to fight off covid, the flu and countless other illnesses and diseases! The problem is my list doesn’t keep the hospitals full or keep you dependent on medicine.
Until next time…#eatthedamnsalad